What you’ll need:
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 small chicken breast
- 3 eggs – separated
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to get it done:
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the rice and chicken breast and simmer on low. At this point season with salt, if necessary.
- When the rice is nearing tenderness (about 20 minutes)
- Remove the chicken breast and using a fork gently break it apart into small stringy pieces. Return to the pot.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form medium peaks. Add the egg yolks and lemon juice and beat for a few seconds until combined and fluffy. Transfer 2 cups of the hot stock to the egg/lemon mixture whisking continuously so the egg doesn’t start to coagulate.
- Take the soup off the heat and add the beaten mixture back into the pot, whisking to mix through. It should be really creamy at this stage.
- Serve hot with freshly ground black pepper. Delish!